Perform a variety of routine product shipping, receiving and delivery duties in support of the Warehouse Department and individual branch.
- Perform a variety of duties in the operation of the Warehouse Department such as moving slabs, yard organization and/or maintenance in addition to driving company truck for delivery of quartz slabs.
- May plan route to insure most economical use of time and equipment.
- Will gather documentation of ordered materials, delivery and COD to utilize during the routed and scheduled deliveries.
- Operate forklift, as needed, in order to assist in the yard area when needed.
- Perform routine inspection and preventive maintenance on assigned equipment and refer defects or repairs to supervisor; keep equipment clean.
- Assist in the installing and maintenance of traffic control devices.
- Perform all duties in conformance to appropriate safety and security standards.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Control traffic at work sites by flagging to guide traffic through work areas, as required or assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- One (1) year relevant experience or any equivalent combination of education and experience that demonstrates the ability to do the job.
- Clean CDL licence.
- Boom experience a plus.
- Stone transportation experience a plus.
- Skill in operation of listed tools and equipment.
- Ability to safely drive various vehicles.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with employees, supervisors and the general public.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to work independently.
- Must be able to operate a forklift
- Ability to perform heavy manual tasks under varying weather conditions.
- Ability to make independent judgments which have moderate impacts on the organization.
A warehouse and distribution center environment. Must be able to lift at least 50lbs
- Employee Type: Full-Time
- Locations: ALL
- Job Type: Driver
- Experience: 2 years minimum
- Salary based on experience
- Health benefits
- Vacation time
- Date Posted: 3/29/2017